We are seeking an ambitious Computer Science student to fill our Software Developer (Web Applications) Internship position. The ideal candidate is working towards a degree in Computer Science (or equivalent field). In this role, you will gain experience learning how to build and maintain core PHP themes for different CMSs as you join a team that converts web application designs into highly functional responsive code that is compatible across multiple platforms and devices. You will be working on impactful B2B Agile/SCRUM projects which play a critical role in our application development, user experience, and Continuous Integration (CD/CI) testing processes.
Education & Experience & Skills
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited course of study as an undergraduate junior or senior, or master's candidate working towards a computer science degree or related field
- 2+ yrs experience developing websites and web applications, including frontend and backend development (internships and school project work included)
- Understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best (development) practices
- Experience working with Drupal 7 (version 8 a plus) and WordPress
- Good understanding of GitHub code versioning
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Proficiency in PHP, and a good understanding of relational databases and MySQL (minimum 2 years)
- Demonstrated understanding of search engine optimization best practices
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Dependable team player with excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Comfortable with a start-up environment; ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously with a meticulous eye for detail
- Curious, quick learner, self-starter
The Intern MUST Haves:
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in a 4.0 scale
- Must be able to work 12-14 weeks during the summer of 2019
- Must be able to show example sites/applications developed
- Must live within commuting distance of our Rockland, MA office (remote working is not an option)
Internship Details & Values:
This is a full-time 10-12 week program that is paid by the hour. Interns must be currently enrolled in an accredited course of study working towards a computer science degree or related field. Our aim is to use the internship program to fill you with excitement and passion for web application development so that you can come back and work for us full time once you graduate! You will work directly with a mentor and interact directly with project managers and leaders at Pixels 360. You will build a lasting professional network through our team events and be working with innovative tools alongside talented engineers.
Think you’re a good fit? Apply now!